Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sick in September


Ugh, we've been the house of the sickies. Thomas got sick last week and just when I thought I was in the clear, I caught it! Only difference is I can't take medication. Well.. I can take SOME meds, like sudefed which makes me feel like I took speed and the Dr. actually told me not to, and Claritin, which does absolutely nothing! I took one yesterday and I'll be darned if that thing even TOUCHED my cold becuase I was pretty miserable. Today I think I might just get desperate enough to try a sudefed again. At least those things keep my face from draining all over the place!! LOL
Great news! Our bathroom is pretty much done now. I'll post pics when I get a chance because I think it turned out really cute. Now we get to touch up the bedroom and hopefully move back in in the next couple weeks. Then it's on to the carpet. After that the big projects are officially over (inside the house). It will just be finishing touches from here on out, thank the Lord!!!
I went to the Dr.'s yesterday and she gave me my leave date. So my last day of work will be Nov. 3rd. I think that'll be good because I want that time to get ready for Thanksgiving, Christmas and of course the arrival of the baby. Everything else looked good at my appointment. My blood sugar levels came back normal, which is a great thing, because my poor friend has had to re-do that sugar test 2 more times, and it's yucky! The Dr. also talked to me about recognizing signs of labor so that I can call if I have any indication that this baby wants out :) Then I realized, man we're close. She only has 7 more weeks until she's considered full term, only 11 til she's due. YIKES!!
Next time I'll post some pics of the bathroom. Here's hoping ya'll are NOT sick!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're SO sorry that you have been sick. It's so hard when you're preggers, too!! We can remember that for sure!! Drs. don't want you to cough so you don't start too soon, etc. Your baby looks LOVELY. WIsh I could pat her!!!! She will be here before you know it. YAY!!!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear y'all are feeling crummy! But it's very exciting to hear that things are finishing up at the homefront! Can't wait to see those bathroom pics. ;-) (oh, and is Caelen's room finished?)