Friday, February 22, 2008

The one with the high heels

This is just a picture I stole off of my parent's computer. Caelen must be around 5 months old in this shot. I cannot believe how fast my little girl has grown up!!!
Here's Caelen at her Grandma's house after Great Grandpa's funeral. The funeral was at 11:00 at St. Vincent's in Petaluma on Wednesday. It's a big old school Catholic church so every little sound Caelen made echoed 10 times louder than it really was. Needless to say we were in there for 2 minutes before Caelen started yelling about Dada and more food, so I took her outside. It lasted 1 hour 45 minutes. Try keeping a toddler out of the street and from cracking her head on concrete steps for that amount of time in a pencil skirt and high heels.

She ended up falling asleep in the car on the way to the cemetary so I stayed in the car with her while Thomas went to the graveside ceremony. Then we went back to Thomas' mom's place where there was a catered reception. And that is were this photo was taken. Caelen was busy either running up and down her staircase (with Mom always one step behind), or walking around in my shoes. She LOVES grown up shoes! I think feel like Caelen's switch is set to "fast forward" until all of a sudden someone hits "stop" and she crashes for the night. But this child is busy busy busy. She's got missions and things to organize constantly.

She's also getting new words everyday. Yesterday she opened up the cabinent and grabbed one of her little plastic bowls, holds it up to me and says, "A Bowl", clear as day. I don't remember ever specifically teaching her that word, she just picked it up. It always shocks me when she comes out of left field with a new word, and then I'm reminded of just how much she is always paying attention. Little Bug :)

No comments: