The biggest flipping cockroach (I'm NOT kidding!) climbed out of the pants I was altering at my mom's house and ran across my ironing board today. It was 2 inches at least. Seriously I was scared stiff for a second but started hyperventilating and shrieking pretty quickly thereafter. My tough as nails mom (who had more than just a little fear in her voice) managed to get the courage up to spray that sucker with Raid. Then we had the lovely task of trying to FIND it since it flipped out after being sprayed with death. We eventually found it on the floor, curled up in the typical legs up "dead bug" position. When I told my mom we should ask the cleaners not to send anymore bugs along as we don't alter bugs, we alter clothes, she said, "I did some pretty good altering to it outside!" I'm picturing a flat-as-a-pancake cockroach on my mom's patio.....
Imagine a little chipmunk voice saying, "Baby moving in mommy's tummy, coming to play with me!" as she points her little hand to her chest. Pretty much the sweetest thing ever. I had told her the baby was moving and so she waved to my tummy and said, "Hi Addison!" Then she started talking about how she would come out and play with her. We tell her these things so she didn't make it up but it was so darn cute to hear her say it.
Caelen has been in a big girl bed (her crib converts to a toddler bed) since Tuesday night and it's been going well so far! She's very excited about it and likes to play in it with her animals. She also likes to tell us she's a big girl. We decided after a few nights of her crying after we put her to bed only to find out (after finally giving in and going in to check on her) she had wanted to go use the potty but it was too late (she's been sleeping with diapers though) that it might be a good idea to get her in a bed that she could get out of if she needed to use the bathroom. So far she hasn't gotten out by herself, she still calls for me, but that's a relief! I wasn't looking forward to any nighttime battles over staying in bed. I'm not saying it won't happen, but so far things are looking up.
Potty training is going well although she's a little inconvenienced by it all if she's busy doing something fun. And she hardly stays put long enough to finish the job! She'll hop off real quick, say "Yay!" and then run off. We usually have to get her back and help her finish all that using the potty entails. But today she went 3 times in the church nursery! The ladies said that they were very impressed since it wasn't home. She was so proud that when I called Thomas she was in the back seat yelling, "Dee Dee potty papa! Dee Dee Potty!"
1 comment:
Yuck! I'll have to share with you some of my lovely cockroach experiences while I was visiting my sis in Japan...aren't they the worst things EVER???
Post a Comment