After Caelen woke up she came in from the car in the garage for some lunch. As she's eating she asks for a napkin, which I promptly give her and then she says nothing. So to jokingly remind her of her manners I spouted off with the well-worn joke, "Thanks Mom, you're the best!!"
She just stared into oblivion. I said, "No?" She just stared.
A full minute later, still staring somewhere over my right shoulder she says in such a sincere but exhausted voice, "Mommy you are the best, i just don't know if i can say it right now."
Once her energy returned and she was bouncing off the walls she melted my heart with, "Mommy, I just like you in my heart."
Little Miss Addison enjoys the rocking horse pictured in the last blog and now when she gets on it she actually begins to rock it herself. If you're playing a game with her and you stop, she tries to get it going again. I'm sorry but when did this child grow into a toddler.
And if that wasn't enough she said her first word on Tuesday. "Up." She was crawling around and making the "Pppp" sound, so I asked her to say Up and she said, "AH-Pppp" I was so excited. An hour later my Mom comes to me carrying her and says that Addison tried to say Up again to her, but she said, "Pppp - AH". LOL!
***********************
I have mentioned before that Caelen's sweet teacher Miss Shannon has a skin cancer on her face that she's in the process of treating. On Monday Caelen received a card in the mail from Miss Shannon thanking Caelen for praying for her "owie" and saying it will be better soon and that Caelen is one of God's special children. We put it on the fridge so that we would always remember to be praying for Miss Shannon.
This morning while I'm doing morning dishes, I look over and see Caelen with her head leaned up against the fridge and her hands covering her face. She was mumbling quietly into her hands, then she leaned back and said, "Hey-Man!" You guessed it! I said, "Whatcha doing baby, you praying?" She said, "Yep!" "For who baby?" "Miss Shannon's owie."
1 comment:
"special" seems an understatement.
Post a Comment