As I was vacuuming the other day, Caelen came running over shouting Mom Mom Mom! I knew nothing was really wrong, but when she reached me she turned the vacuum off and said, "Mom, (grin forming) it's just really hard to tell you I love you with this thing going."
Best investment ever was their little plastic slide. They'll fly off that thing one after another, over and over for a good 15 minutes at a time, maybe longer, and multiple times a day. They giggle and squeal, until of course it turns into shouting and whining because someone decided not to move their butt from the bottom of the slide and the next one wants a turn. Either way I'm thankful for that thing.
A couple nights ago they were at it again and begging Daddy to watch every slide down. Then Caelen thought she'd really show off and jump off the top, which is fine unless you have slidey hardwood floors underneath and the thing goes flying out from under you, which has happened before. Thomas spoke up before any damage was done and said, "Caelen, I'm too tired to go to the ER tonight, so sit down and don't hurt yourself." Caelen wanted some clarification, "The ER?" "Yes," he said, "If you fall and hurt yourself I'll just have to let you bleed cause I'm too tired tonight." Caelen is finally figuring out her Daddy's sense of humor but she still gets all rowdy at his "threats". "No Daddy! You wouldn't just let me bleed! You would get me a band aid and some medicine and you would HOOK ME UP!" I burst out laughing, "That's my girl!"
Addison's referring to herself in the third person is killing me. And she's always, "My Addie". She said to me yesterday, "I closed the door, my Addie." I suppose that meant, "I, Addie, closed the door." It's not so much what Addison says as how she says it. And she's such a charmer. When I picked her up from Sunday School yesterday she spotted me before I had barely poked my head in and began squealing at the top of her lungs and running for me. Her teachers were just laughing to themselves and remarking on how cute she is. I picked her up and she said, "Go find Daddy.... Go find SISSY!" I set her down and she ran squealing across the hall into her sister's class and they literally ran into each other's arms, like long lost friends in a movie (I could almost hear the music) and hugged each other tight. Sometimes I wonder how I am so blessed.
In other heart-melting news, I have been singing Jesus Loves Me to Addison every night before bed for probably a year. She's always content to just listen, head on my chest. Once she could talk she began pointing to the rocking chair saying, "Jesus, Bible", but would quietly listen once the song began. Two nights ago, for the first time ever, she sang along in her mosquito soprano. She knew every word and even completed some of the phrases. All this time she'd just been soaking it all in.
No comments:
Post a Comment