Friday, May 27, 2011

Bath Time... I mean, Table Time.

In the tub a few evenings ago Addison had a rare solitary moment after her sister exited the tub earlier than usual. I had a chance to just sit there and observe Addison playing alone to see what she was all about when out from under the influence of others. She was stacking toys on the edge of the tub and chatting away to herself as she organized. She was well aware that I was there, watching, but she didn't involve me.
As she talked I heard her say, "It's table time!" That was an interesting thing to say, I'd never heard it before, and then it dawned on me, "Hey Addie," I said, "Do you have table time in class?" (Sunday School). "Yeah, " she said. And then she gravely added, "I gotta pray." So we bowed our heads and in her high-pitched tiny little voice she almost sang, "Thank You my Jesus, thank You my Daddy, thank You my mommy," then she looked up, "All done." "Amen!" I laughed.

No comments: