Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Ode to Dubs

The girls and I have been looking back over this blog for the past half an hour and now I'm so sad that I haven't taken the time in the past couple of years to keep it updated. Poor Dubs (Tabitha) isn't going to have the record that her sisters had. I suppose I will have to re-commit myself to frequent updates. It's just so worth it to read the stories, see the pictures and even the videos!!

So to honor my negelected third born whom I love so much, a picture from every month this year!
 Jan at the beach
 A beautiful February Day
 March in the tub
 I'm ONE! in April
 With big sis in May

 Playing in June

 Fun in the laundry! July
First day of school for Caelen, Tabitha wanted her picture taken too! CHEESE!

***********************************
Tabitha's "Cheese!" face is hilarious and she does it all day long. I don't think she can smile without some cheese in her grin. She inevitably makes new people laugh when they see her as her little eyes squint and her nose go white from the scrunch. Tabitha is almost always happy, greeting everyone who walks by with a sweet little "Hi" and a limp-wristed wave. But when this girl is cranky, then she's like the little girl with the curl right in the middle of her forehead. Yes, horrid is the only way to describe her temper tantrums which have recently begun to include high pitched screaming.
The worst time of day for her is when Caelen is doing Kindergarten and my attention is focused on her oldest sister. She spends most of the morning screaming and hit things, dumping them on the ground and throwing herself down. Today she spent most of the morning on time out in her room.
But thats not the norm for this typically very happy and self-entertained little girl. She is a real joy and a lot of fun. She reminds me of Caelen in some ways but is so very much her own little person.

**********************************************************************************

 Our Adoption Orientation Packet arrived in the mail a couple of weeks ago and we had an hour long converation with our inquiry coordinator describing the entire 2-3 year process of adoption. We promptly notarized all the documents and sent them back with our first installment of seriously hefty fees to bring our baby home. Right now we get to take a breather, a breather sprinkled with online adoption classes here and there, learning Bulgarian, and a few errands such as getting passports renewed and ordering birth certificates. Once our Adoption Planner arrives in the mail, the next steps are going to be the biggest! We will spend the next few months working on a dossier and a homestudy. To us, they are two seperate things, but to Bulgaria it's one compilation of documents that says we are a good family for one of their orphans.
Aww come on, don't we look like a fun family? ;)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Super cute picture!! Best of luck to you! I know you will be blessed for your righteous endeavor!

Dad said...

What a beautiful family! And Tabs, well she is just too adorable, even moreso in person.