Monday, January 28, 2008

Who knew the Travel Channel would save my sanity?

I have been trying to figure out why Caelen won't nap here at home. I do exactly the same thing here that I do at my mom's. I turn a heater on, close the blinds, give her the same two blankets......
Then it dawns on me, the only difference is NOISE. When I'm at my mom's, the TV is on, the sewing machines are going and we're talking. At night when I put her down for bed, Thomas and I are talking, the TV might be on and the dogs are thundering around the house.
I put her down at 2:15 and turned the TV up. She's fast asleep. Go figure.

I recently read Atonement by Ian McEwan. It's the book that got made into a movie with Kiera Knightley and James McAvoy and won some Godlen Globes or something like that. I haven't seen the movie but the book was pretty good. It took the author 300 pages to say what one author might say in 30 but I guess it was necessary to the style of the book. If you've read it, please leave me a comment about how you felt about it.

I also would recommend seeing A Good Year with Russell Crowe. My parents really liked it and had us over last night to see it. Worth seeing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the new layout of your site! You must be relieved to have figured out how to get Caelen napping at home!