Sunday, February 17, 2008

Daddy's Girl

Caelen straight up said "Applesauce" today while she was trying to climb into her high chair with her container of Mott's Applesauce. I stopped dead what I was doing and asked her to say it again but it never quite came out the same way!
She's big into saying "Ahhh Dee Dow" and I wish I knew what it meant. She gets enjoyment out of saying it and is usually grinning to herself. She says it a lot in the car, but also other times during the day. The Dow part is very drawn out and seems to be the amusing part of the phrase.
She's so into Daddy these days! Every morning when I go in to get her out of her crib, I can tell she'd so much rather it was Daddy than me. She always stands up, runs toward the door side of her crib, and points to the door saying, "Dada!!! Dada!!" I have to tell her he's at work and she'll get to see him later but that doesn't stop her from checking the backyard and the garage during the day as well. The moment he's home she goes running to him. It's pretty darn cute and I prefer it to her being clingy to me.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Aren't those little phrases so funny? Gianna has a few that involve a lot of tongue-sticking-out stuff. She thinks it's so funny. She also (fake) coughs a lot too. Does Caelen do that?
Caelen is so smart and grown up, I can hardly believe it!

Brooke said...

Caelen totally fake coughs! She looks at me while she does it to see if she's getting attention and she smiles. I thought it was because she practically chokes on all her food and so I'm always alarmed when ever I hear her cough, she figured that she'd always get my attention if she pretended to choke, but maybe not if Gianna does it!!