Thursday, June 26, 2008

All Flown South for the Fires?

This smoke in the air is AWFUL! It's totally messing with my allergies and asthma and it feels like I'm soffocating if I go outside. OK maybe I'm a little dramatic but this has been going on all week and I think today was the worst. There are 1026 wildfires in CA as of this morning (that's more than there were a couple of days ago.)
One reason I'm really mad about the smoke is it interferes with one of Caelen's new bedtime routines. The other night when she wouldn't go to sleep, we were rocking in the chair and I had opened the windows to let some cool air in and we could hear all the birds. She thought that was really cool, so I lay her in her crib and told her to listen to the birds, she said, "Yeah.... see ya!" and I never heard another peep from her. It's worked like a charm ever since. Tonight she asked for the birds and really wanted to hear them. I was very hesitant to open the windows and when I did, there were no birds!!! They have nothing to sing about in this smoke, they probably all have laringitis come to think of it. But that precious girl lay there listening for them and fell alseep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are the precious little things that we parents miss so much as our children grow up and that wonderful innocence fades into just a memory. I am so glad that you are soaking it all up !