Saturday, October 18, 2008

This hurts me more than it hurts you.... obviously

Last night was a momenteous occasion and shall go down in the Kline Family History Books. Yes, we finally left Caelen over night. It was the first time since she was born that we didn't wake up with her and it was odd. We had a great time (probably not as much fun as Caelen, Grandma, and Grandpa had, but fun nonetheless). We had dinner at the Italian Affair in downtown Santa Rosa and went to see the Duchess (strange movie by the way, well acted, but the story line was more like an excerpt from history than your typical beginning-middle-and-end plot.) Then we just went home and had a relaxing evening and woke up lesiurely which was very refreshing since every morning the first thing I hear is a little voice asking for juice and milk or telling me "Come on Mommy."
But it was weird not having her here. And Thomas had a harder time with it than I think he thought he would. He was kinda bummed that there was no big girl in her "big girl bed." But we really had a nice evening and have proved to ourselves that we CAN do it!
When I went to pick Caelen up she told me, "No go home! See Grandma and Grandpa today."

My big potty trainer is completely not interested anymore! So we're back to diapers. I'm getting the impression that she finds it just too much of a hassle. Of course, at first it was a novelty. Candy, stickers, and fun Kandoo wipes! Yay! But now she's content once again to run around in a diaper all day and has no desire to sit on the potty! LOL. At least we know she can do it and I know that when she's ready she'll let us know.


But when she WAS potty training we converted her crib into a toddler bed. That, thank the Lord, is still working out nicely. She gets out a couple times if she's not really wanting a nap but once I tell her to stay put, she will even if it means lying there talking to herself for a sleepless hour.


And seriously, I wish she could tell me what this no-nap thing is all about because she always falls asleep in the car and even tells me, "Dee Dee so tired Mommy, need to take a nap." She rests her head on her "Yellow Bauchie" and falls asleep in the car. I have to play games and talk to her just to keep her awake until we get home. "Caelen, what color is that car? What color is the sky?" And if that works and I get her home and into bed, she'll lay there for an hour, crying, talking, calling me and telling me she's all done. Honestly child....
She loves playing with the guords ("tones") she picked out at the pumpkin patch.



So she's extablished that her baby sister is in my tummy so now she likes to give the belly kisses and raspberries. The other night she gave me a particularly wet kiss on the belly and said, "Eat it baby!"
This afternoon we got around to carving our pumpkins. Caelen got to draw all over her little one that she had picked out. I drew the face on the big one and Thomas carved both of them. Caelen loved seeing the faces and helping Papa put them on the porch. I think she'll like them even better when we light them up tonight! I, in the meantime, was dividing out the pumpkin seeds and roasting them in the oven. Yum.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great time we had! Thanks for loaning us your precious one for a fun evening. Letting them go after 18 or 20 years will rock your world to depths you have not yet considered. But that is not for you to have to think about now. Just enjoy what is... and what will never again be, in quite the same way :).

The Danelz Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. When ever we have left Steven overnight it always seems like its going to be nice but then we wind up missing him and wanting to go get him, lol. He always has a great time and doesn't really care to go home either.