Dear Caelen,
What's so bad about sleep?
Seriously. Are you afraid we might be having fun without you? Are there things you want to do that you just can't be bothered with a nap? Are there just too many thoughts going around in your head? That must be it because you lay in there talking and singing to yourself about everything in the whole wide world.
When you call me in saying, "Mommy, I need my _____ " I know you're just trying to get me in your room so you can start trying to convince me that you're "awake now!" but I know you never even slept.
I do appreciate that you don't try to come out of your room, but Mommy can't relax when you're in there whining and hollering. I blame your father for this. Lord knows HE didn't even take naps at this age. At least you take a few a week.
Lord have mercy!
Mommy
2 comments:
Brooke, you are too funny. I couldn't help but laugh out loud and almost even cry when I was reading this because it sounds so unbelievably familiar. I'm sure all of us moms know what its like to (or will at some points) to be pregnant and tired, and try to get in some quick relaxation while your child naps, only to have to listen to them whining in protest to something that they are only making more evident that they need. I agree, Lord have mercy! PLEASE!
It's really hard to shut off such a busy mind.....too many things to think about!
Post a Comment