Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Caelen Speaks Out (As Usual)

Me: Caelen you need to have a sweater if you're going to wear a short-sleeved dress. (The biggest argument in our house)
Caelen: Why?
Me: Because it's cold and I said so.
Caelen: Well.... I don't think so.
Me: Are you the mommy who knows best, honey?
Caelen: ::pause:: (cautiously) Kind of?

Caelen came out of her room needing her dress unzipped and said, "Mooooomm!! I wanna take my dress off and give it to a poor kid who don't have any dress."

On a car ride to church, just the two of us, Caelen reminds me that when she grows up she's going to be a ballet dancer. I said, "Good for you baby!" Caelen: You will have to come see me Mom. Me: I will honey, I'll come to all your shows. Caelen: I'm gonna be on stage mommy. Before I have babies.
Reminded me of someone I used to know :)

This morning Caelen woke up and called me into her room. "My brain hurts." Me: Your brain hurts? Caelen: Yeah, because of my pull-up. Me: (tyring not to laugh) Your brain hurts? Up here? (Touching her noggin) Caelen: Yeah, my pull-up goes all the way up to my brain and it hurts.

1 comment:

Mom said...

OK, this is the third time I've read this, and that last one still makes me laugh out loud!