Caelen discovered a new site on the computer from the Disney Channel and she was playing on that one afternoon. When it was time to get off her attitude went down the drain. There were a couple of offenses before I got smart and decided to put an end to it. I said, "You're attitude is so bad, you're not playing on the computer for the rest of today or tomorrow." She thought about it, looked at me and said very respectfully, "Mom, I think I'm gonna need some possibility." With an emerging smile on my face I said, "Possibility of what, baby?" She said, "Some possibility of the computer tomorrow."
Unfortunately I had to reiterate that there really would be no possibility of the computer tomorrow.
Tonight at dinner Caelen came to the table, announced she was going to pray by saying, "Okay, I'm gonna pray. Everyone dry up their tears and let's pray!" (No one was crying and I have never heard this said anywhere before!)
Addison will play in a sandbox (mulch, dirt, sand, kitty litter....) for an hour by herself. Absolutely no one else is necessary in her sweet little world, she just busily plays non-stop. It's pretty much the sweetest thing.
Addie can say, "Hi Da!" and "Bah" (Ball). She has started shaking her head for no (like when I tried to get her to finish her banana). She knows what we're saying to her most of the time and she's begun testing what happens when she obeys, or doesn't. She's usually a good listener but I have a feeling she's also checking to see if that mischievously adorable grin of her can get her out of trouble.
The girls often play ball together now. If Caelen proposes it and Addie's in the mood she'll sit right down and spread her legs to a V shape so she can catch the ball. Both girls will face each other like this and roll the ball back and forth. They seriously have a blast!
Addison says "Hi" for Bye but she waves when it's Bye or Night Night. Always with the hugest grin on her face so you can see her, now, four teeth. The girls are so different. Caelen loves anything artistic, reading, and learning. Addison is into agility, tactile games, and has already mastered the stairs (which is amazing since we don't have any.) She's very careful. She's also very musical and loves to turn on music, play the piano or clap. Not to say that any of these things don't overlap for the girls (Caelen loves singing! and Addie fancies herself an artist with her paintbrushes on the playhouse walls) but it's fun to see them develop in different ways.
1 comment:
Thank you for the update and letting us in on their world :)
Post a Comment