Addie says, "Thank you Baby" everytime she says thank you. I noticed it today when Caelen handed her her tabby blanket and Addie clearly said, "Thank you Baby!" She's said it alot today to other people and I realized that everytime Caelen thanks her sister she sweetly says, "Thank you Baby." Just copying big sister!
Today Addison had a short conversation with the bagger at the store. She said Hi and he said, "Hi, how are you?" and she said, "Good!" Pretty funny and unexpected.
Addison won't watch TV, never seems to be paying attention but she knows Dora. A few weeks ago she was saying, "Dory Dory Dory" over and over and I realized she was pointing to Caelen's Dora juice cup. She points her out everytime she sees her now. Go figure.
She also calls Grandpa "Papa". She saw a picture in her book of him and called him that. Now a week later she walks over to a picture of her Grandma and Grandpa and points to Grandpa and says, "Papa!" She's happy when she talks about him.
Addie had her first time out yesterday and actually ended up having another later in the day. I remember Caelen being a year and a half when I started her on time outs and she got it. I wasn't quite sure if Addison would understand, but she did. She was pitching a bratty fit and completely outta control so I took her and set her down in the entry way and told her not to move. She sat there happily (not sure about that part) talking to herself and holding her feet rocking around in the corner until I came and got her and said she could be done. Seemed to do the trick too.
In other discipline stories. Caelen has made a bad habit of coming out of bed with some excuse. So last night when she was refusing to go back to bed Thomas told her she would have to have a spanking if she didn't listen. Well she folded her arms, stared him down and didn't flinch as he counted to 3. So he sighed and walked over, administered some discipline and took her back to bed. She began crying that she needed love from her mom so I went in and lay down with her and we talked for a bit.
I told her it wasn't ok to disobey daddy like she had. And she said, "Yeah but I just wanted a swat before I went to bed." I confusedly asked, "You WANTED a swat??" "Yes" she replied. "Why?" I half-laughingly asked. She answered, "Because I just like the sound it makes."
"If you think you are seeing the same show all over again seven times a week, you're crazy. Every morning you wake up to something that in all eternity never was before and never will be again. And the you that wakes up was never the same before and will never be the same again" ~ Frederick Buechner
1 comment:
I am trying to figure out how a little girl like Caelen can be so darn funny and entertaining and say such things. Maybe she could be a writer or something. I am thinking like a young Erma Bombeck. I don't know. What a Character.
Post a Comment