Monday, November 29, 2010

Baby Girl & Caelen strikes again

So yes, it's baby girl 3 on the way! Don't ask for a name, we're completely confused as to what to name her. But she's beautiful and long legged. She sucked her thumb and liked to kick my bladder during the ultrasound. We're so excited and Caelen decided (after a day of mourning the baby brother she wanted) that she will "love her new baby sister." Addison on the other hand has a fit if I hold any other child... so..... we'll just have to see.....

**************

Me: Your birthday is almost here! I can't believe you're gonna be four!!
Caelen: ...and you're gonna be 59!
Me: (laughing) No, thank you, I'm gonna be 29.
Caelen: How old are you now?
Me: 28
Caelen: (confused) How can you be 28? You're 59.

*************
Caelen had a rough morning Thanksgiving morning. I can't remember why, and I think it was only rough for her. So after getting all grumpy, and then calming down, we thought the drama was over. About 10 minutes later she says, "Guys, even though I have a happy face on my mouth, I'm still very upset!!" I said, "Don't worry Caelen, we wouldn't dare assume you were happy honey."

*************
We were leaving Auntie's house yesterday after Thomas had installed a door and some lights while Heather cut my hair (I love how that works out ;) and we stopped at the gas station to fill up. While Thomas was at the pump Addison kept talking about him and "asking" where he was. Finally, in a pleasant voice, Caelen responds, "Daddys filling up the car with gas!..... freakin kid...." I couldn't speak, I almost died laughing. If there was any chance I was going to tell her that wasn't kind, it flew right out the window immediately. I couldn't stop, and Caelen figured out pretty quickly that I was laughing at her so she started giggling uncontrollably and we all had a good laugh for about 5 minutes until I was able to ask her where she heard that, to which she responded, "Garfield Christmas." Still kills me.

No comments: