Thursday, November 04, 2010

Beautiful Ballerinas

Life has been chaos. The kind where I make lists of all the things I have to do and then cry. Of course, maybe I cry because I'm pregnant, I'd like to blame it on that since I cry almost everyday now. I know a lot of it is I'm tired, I'm pregnant, but it seems like whether for joy or sadness there just seems to be a lot of reasons to cry.

The brightest spot in my day has been my children! (believe it or not). God has granted me some enjoyment of them that I haven't had with all the slogging through life & morning sickness lately. It's been so fun to tickle feet and raspberry bow-butts (bellybuttons). I figure if life is gonna totally overwhelm me, then I may as well forget it and go play with my kids. I sure as heck ain't ever gonna get it all done and find the time to enjoy them. Just gotta do it.

Addie is growing up fast and talking so much! Everything is, "Look! Cat!" or "Look! Color!" Whatever she sees or does she wants to share with us by shouting, "Look!" She tells us to watch her a lot too and we often have two beautiful girls shouting, "Watch me! Watch me!" at the same time.

Addie can also be a stinker and has her share of time outs, usually for abusing her sister which sends Caelen straight to tears. Caelen's so sensitive and Addie just pounds on her until someone grabs her and makes her stop. I can understand Addie's frustration and she has no words to say, "Leave me the heck alone sissy!" But when she pushed both Daniel and Austin over and made them cry in the space of two minutes I realized we're gonna have to start taking it seriously (and then we can laugh to ourselves later.)

Caelen is such a big girl that I can't believe she's not going to Kindergarten, like, next month. When she's not asking her daddy how the sun works or what energy is, she's telling God that the sunset He painted is, "just perfect Lord." She's a budding artist, and takes great joy in all kinds of artistic endevours. Painting, coloring, stickers, so I introduced her to collages. My mom used to give us all her old magazines and have us cut pictures out and paste them on an unfolded paper bag. Caelen has hers proudly displayed in her room now.

She also just finished a four week ballet class with Riley in which she ended up doing a lot better than I thought she would when she first started out. She can actually show you first position and other arm positions. She's great at following directions and just like her dear old mom would get so frustrated when others in class wouldn't do what the teacher said to do (at least that's what she told me after class).


As you can see, Caelen is tall. (Riley is 3 weeks older than Caelen for reference.) When Caelen introduces herself to someone new she says, "I'm Caelen Abigail and I'm as tall as my friend Ty." Which is an impressive but of information if you also happen to know that Ty is one year older than her. Her grandpa and uncle ARE over 6 ft so there's height in the family. We'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished saying to Gramma Janet that I thought Caelen was going to be a statuesque young lady from the photos I had seen and she told me to read this post. Yay, I was right!!!!! She will be a gorgeous and statuesque young lady for sure!!!
GGrandmaG

Courtney said...

Glad you're back on the blog scene. I've missed you:) xoxo