
So we hit the first showing at the theater today. 11:00am. I knew if the girls had to wait any longer, we would all be going crazy, so I was definitely going with the earliest show. We arrived 15 minutes early and there was one other guy outside on his phone, all the box office windows were closed and the door I tried was locked. So, before my kids started to worry the place would never open we took a photo oppurtunity.
My face is crazy, I know. I just didn't know why the theater wasn't open and didn't know what to expect of the kids either.
Then I noticed a door slightly ajar so we marched into the theater and asked the first employee we saw where we could buy our tickets. This guy, who was probably fresh outta high school informed me, "We're not open." I sassily replied, "Well, your door is open. When does the box office open?" to which he checked his watch and said, "Uhhh, 3 minutes ago." "Sweet," I said as I headed back out the door to wait for another 18 year old to help us get our tickets.
After Icey and popcorn purchases we found our seats, with only two other kids with one of their parents sitting in the theater with us.
So about 10 minutes into the movie Addison spilled Caelen's Icey on her dress and then fussed until I took it off. She spent the rest of the movie in tights and cowgirl boots.

Caelen was riveted whether she really understood the movie or not. I wasn't worried about her, I knew she would enjoy herself. Addison sat maybe 50% of the time, the rest of it she spent running up and down the stairs yelling, "Hi Mom, Bye Mom." "Uh-oh Mom" etc. When we left she said "Buh-bye TV" and waved at the screen. She promptly melted down in a candy coma by the time we got to the car.
All in all, it was a great time! And a very cute movie.
1 comment:
I have seen that look on your face before....the carol sing comes to mind at the moment :-) You all are too cute.
Post a Comment