Today while Thomas was trimming his beard before church Caelen was just watching him. Finally she said, "Daddy with that beard you look a lot less like a girl."
Then on the way to church when Caelen was asking what we're doing the day after tomorrow (she's always planning WAAAAAAAAAY ahead) Thomas told her that today has enough trouble of it's own. He said it in Thomas-ese though which is always harder to understand than the King James Bible. After a silent moment Caelen replied, "Daddy, you don't have to teach me everything, my friends teach me things too. I make my own decisions Daddy and you and Mommy don't have to teach me everything, my friends teach me too." I looked at Thomas and asked, "Wait, is she four or fourteen?"
Caelen and I had the priveledge of getting to see the Asante (Swahili for "Thank You") Children's Choir at church this evening. They're a group of orphaned Rawandan children who have been sponsored through African Mission Alliance and travel the globe to sing, dance, and share their testimony of God's faithfulness in their sweet lives. So it was very lively and loud and colorful. It was a ton of fun and of course I was teary just watching the joy these kids exuded.
Caelen had a blast, she loved their costumes and dancing, she kept commenting on how good they were and that she didn't know how to dance like that. At one point she said, "Mom, I have never seen kids like this before, they're all brown or black," which I thought was really funny because she's totally seen dark skin everyday, but I think a huge group of children dressed in their African clothes really made an impression. Then she noted, "Mom, they're really gonna have to pee after this."
Following the choir we had a going away dinner for some friends from church. We had it at the church so we just wandered over one building where Thomas and Addison met us since Addison was done with her nap. Poor baby girl was eating dinner at her seat and next thing the entire room knows, she's fallen, food and all, face first to the floor. When Thomas lifted her up her lip was bleeding. Now she's got a fat, red lower lip, but the tears stopped when she saw the cupcake I had been saving for her. After two of those puppies she was running around the room smiling again.
1 comment:
I guess her experience has been that dancing makes you have to pee! LOL.
Post a Comment