Ahhhh yes, and the morning sickness is now here in full force. So if imagery of being sick makes you wanna puke yourself, you probably shouldn't read much further! :)
Monday morning I incorporated tossing my cookies into my morning routine before work. Luckily I made it through the rest of the day without incident, (since that would have been horribly embarrassing at my teller window). Today I felt alright and thought I was doing pretty well, until we ate dinner and I left mine in the toilet. So I guess it's not "morning" sickness at all. It's "all-day" sickness.
Poor Grandpa Cardiff (Thomas' grandpa) took us out to dinner tonight at JK's buffet to congratulate us on the pregnancy. I hardly said a word, I was concentrating so hard on keeping my food down. The waiter looked at me concernedly and said, "You not eat much?" I just smiled and said, "No". I couldn't believe someone was saying that to me!! I LOVE to eat! But these days, things are different. Oh yes, and I'm a vegetarian now. I just can't stand the site or smell of meat.
Anyway, I'm sipping my ginger tea now trying to calm my stomach and Thomas has gone out to the grocery store to try and find some more foods that might agree with me. God bless him, he's so great, he never complains!
The good news is I have been informed that throwing up is a good sign. I guess they say that to comfort the women who have to deal with it. For some reason it means plenty of nutrients is getting to the baby and that they've latched on real well in there.
So Thursday's the big day. 8:30 in the morning I get to see my baby for the first time on an ultrasound. I'm praying there's one healthy little peanut in there. My mother took one look at my tummy already sticking out at 8 weeks and thought it looked like I'm having twins! Ha ha very funny. So like I said ONE healthy little peanut would be perfect.
I think I'm gonna put my PJ's on and watch Wheel of Fortune, because my life is just that exciting right now. LOL Just kidding. My life IS exciting, my daily routine just isn't!
3 comments:
I've also heard it said that the sicker you are, the more likely it will be TWINS!!!!! Hahaha. Just kidding, but we will know for sure on Thursday, huh?
Oh man! I'm sorry you're "tossing your cookies", but hey, if they say it's a good sign then bring it on! Good luck tomorrow morning, that's so exciting! (Praying for 1 peanut!) :-)
Grandma says--
Oh boy!! I am hesitant to tell you this but your great grandfather Morgan was a twin, a fraternal twin, not identical. However, when auntie Erin was on the way, I tossed everything everyday, up until labor, so you can't tell by anything us old gals say. Only the Lord knows, right?? Keep up the ginger tea though. Can't wait to hear about the test!!
Post a Comment