
The baby (although they don't know it yet) recieved a really special gift today from their Grandma! A home made Classic Pooh fleece blanket. It's going to go perfect in the baby room :) I can't wait to use it. I most definitely don't want to rush the experience of being pregnant for the first time, but it sure seems like 9 months is a LONG ways away!
I'm really hoping that I'll be lucky like my mom was a have a fairly easy pregnancy with no morning sickness. The nausea I've felt has been very slight. It just feels like I might feel sick soon.
In other news, we finally had our work Christmas party. I know, Christmas in April? Are we crazy? Well.... yeah, but that's beside the point. We were supposed to have our annual Christmas dinner for the employees of our little branch and their spouses the weekend after we got robbed. But as that put a little crimp in our plans we decided to postpone it. Everyone was dressed in Christmas attire and there was even a little (VERY LITTLE) festive music. It was a good time, and good to put that behind us in a way.
NEW YORK NEW YORK, here we come! I am so excited that in a couple weeks we'll be visiting New York for the first time ever. (Anyone thinking anything tricky, we will have a full time house sitter, spending nights and days, as he doesn't have a job right now, at our home while we're away!)
Niether Thomas or I have ever been and we're just so excited. We'll have a good 3 full days to wander around the city and we're going with someone who grew up there and also staying with extended family, so I think it'll be the perfect way to visit for the first time. Not too overwhelming that way. Of course we'll have to see the staple attractions, but I'm looking forward to seeing some of the not so common tourist spots. We'll have lots of pics to share!
But I think I need a nap now. I'm not good for much after about 6 hours. :) Still wishing the sun (that's what it's called right?) might come out again one day.
3 comments:
I've heard of this thing called "the sun". someday I may travel to distant lands and see it!
Hahahah! I hear you have to travel far though, It hasn't show up anywhere, LA, Seattle, Nevada, even Hawaii's having too many clouds. Lets go to Mexico!
What's going on back there??? Let's see if this message will get through--I'm about to give up. How're you doin' Mommie????
IS Thomas working very much during this wet weather of yours???
Yesterday, when we woke up, we had 2" of snow. After we came home, there wasn't even a smidgin left, it was so warm!!
love you,
Grandma
Post a Comment