
It's such a bummer that life includes death. My Grandpa is being taken off of the machines that are keeping him alive and given morphine probably right as I write this. My Dad is out in Michigan with his brother, sister and his mom. I'm thankful that Grandpa came around one last time so that his family could spend some time with him and he could see that they were all there for him. I'm thankful for my Dad's sake also.
I thought I'd be OK with it all. When you don't see a family member alot and you know they're sick for awhile, you think you've kind of dealt with the emotions of it. But not until it happens can you really deal with it. I'm not as close to him as his immediate family or as my cousins Logan, Cody and Cameron, but it's still hard, he's still my Grandpa! It's a crying day for sure. I'm sorry him and Caelen never got to meet.
I'll always remember my Grandpa with his funny grin on his face, it was pretty contagious. He was a quiet man when I knew him and a good grandpa. I only got to see him once a year or every other year because we always lived far apart. But he came out for my wedding and I saw him last summer. That's weird that it was the last time I'll have ever seen him.
It's weird that I'll have no more Grandpas.
Please keep the family in your prayers. I love you and I'll miss you Grandpa!
3 comments:
Thanks you so much for this Brooke. Your thoughts have always been very, very meaningful to me. Thank you also for your support, love and prayers during this time and always. You are a true blessing and always have been.
Brooke,
I'm sorry for you and your family. I know that you will be missing him.
All that I can think of is that Christ our Lord is wrapping his arms around dad and giving him the rest that he deserves. Sorry, but this is going to take a while for me. Until we all meet again in Paradise. C-Ya. :)
Post a Comment