Monday, July 21, 2008

Ultrasound

Today was the day I thought would NEVER come! When I found out I was pregnant on June 17, I called to schedule my first appointment. When they told me July 21, I still had my last miscarriage at the forefront of my mind and I wasn't sure if I would be able to carry this baby that long.
Thank God I did! And today came and was a great day. The ultrasound always makes it so much more real to me. To actually see the baby in there is a very exciting but strange thing. It's so nice to know I'm not just throwing up for the fun of it!


Here's the little peanut. The heartbeat was really obvious on the ultrasound as was the umbilical cord (the little tail thingy on the picture.) On the first picture their head is on the right, on the bottom picture it's on the left.
I'm technically due on February 23, 2009. My 27th birthday is the next day! I'm happy about sharing my birthday if that's what happens. We get to find out the sex at the end of Sept. and I'm really excited for that! i have no preference but I love finding out.
Caelen has no clue what's going on. Thomas told her I had a baby in my tummy and so she kissed it and said, "All better!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caelen is too funny making you "all better"! lol. What a cutie! But doesn't the end of September seem sooo far away! :-)

Brooke said...

Actually, when the nurse told me we could find out the sex on Sept. 30 I was surprised. It felt pretty close!! LOL But it's always so hard to wait ;) It really changes everything.

The Danelz Family said...

Congratulations Brooke! I agree, finding out the sex makes such a difference. :)

Melissa said...

Good Luck with the pregnancy! You have such a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

What wondeful and exciting news!!
Congrats to you and the family!!!
I loved seeing the pics of the little peanut.
Hugs~