Yesterday was a date that I have been looking forward to for at least a month, so much so, that I can't believe it's past! It's like I had a blind spot for any dates on the calendar that were beyond this magical date, and now here we are. I'm hoping I'll feel the same way about Addison's birth, that it came quickly :) It was my baby shower thrown for me by Adria and it was so fun to have some of my most favorite people in the world all in one room.


My mom, sister, mothers-in-law, ex-co-workers, and best girlfriends and even my little brother-in-law made up the party. The food was fabulous with home made cupcakes for dessert. We played one game (because as my girlfriends know, I'm not keen on shower games LOL) but it was an awesome one: a word scramble called Addison, Welcome to Your Life. It was words about Addison's soon-to-be world all scrambled. Adria was very creative. Then I got to open all my presents and everyone was so generous! We're very thankful to you all.

This is the crib bumper from Pottery Barn. (I'll post a pic from the catalogue in a second). My mom got this for me and you can see her in the background helping keep track of who gave me everything. The girls' Auntie Heather took the pics :)

Tina, Angie and the hostess Adria.

My 10 year old brother-in-law Ryan came and gave Addison her first stuffed animals. So thoughtful!

This is the "D" for spelling her name. I'm going to place them on a shelf in her room.

I was so excited to get this Bouncy Seat from Josh's girlfriend Amy. The one I registered for was unavailable but I liked this one SO much better!
It was just an awesome time and it really fueled my excessive obsession to nest. SOOOOO.....
Thomas has been hard at work in the nursery! I wish it looked like this LOL, but this IS NOT our nursery. This is the inspiration for our nursery and the exact bedding that we got from Pottery Barn:

In this shot you can kind of see the crib, and the color of the wall in the background. We kind of did a reverse of the walls in the catalogue because we already have white wainscoating in the room. We had to paint over some really dark red paint but I think it's come out well.




I just have to touch up the paint around the crown molding and the painting is done. Thomas has been working in the closet adding a second shelf and rod just like in Caelen's closet. Our dresser, changing table, mattress and a few other items are being shipped so as those arrive I can complete the room and take more pictures for ya'll!
QUICK CAELEN STORY: When she goes on time out we tell her that she can sit there and "think about it." So last night Thomas says, "OK Caelen, let's go take a bath!" She says, "No! Mommy do it!" We explain that's not an option, mommy is doing the dishes and it's Papa's turn. Thomas says, "Caelen may I give you a bath?" She points her little finger at him and very calmly says, "No Papa. You go sit on the couch and think about it."
She proceeds to gently guide him (by the highest point she can reach, his legs) to the couch and says again, "Come on, you go sit on the couch."
Well he did, and that good sport jokingly pretended to think about, asked her again and she said, "Yeah!! Come on Papa!"
We were doubled over.
No comments:
Post a Comment