I wonder what impression Sunday made on Caelen. I wonder if every Easter she'll think she should sing Happy Birthday to Grandma and Grandpa, or if when it's their birthday if she'll start looking around for Easter eggs. But I'm willing to bet she just won't remember.
Either way it was the first Easter egg hunt for Caelen and it was my mom AND dad's birthday on Sunday. Church was wonderful with a ton of baptisms and people excited about their new (or long) walk with the Lord. Thomas was singing which meant I got to get myself and 2 little girls ready for Easter service by myself! (Did I mention service is at 8:15 am!?) But we made it ;) And on the way home from church Caelen just wanted me to tell her stories about Jesus. When I was done she'd want another one! It tested my Bible knowledge (and creativity, making those stories so a 2 year old can understand what your talking about takes some quick thinking!) and when I told her Jesus died she got so sad, but then I got to tell her He rose again, that's why we celebrate Easter! And He went to live with His Father in Heaven and sent the Holy Spirit to live in our hearts. She got so wide eyed and said, "In MY heart Mommy??" and I told her yep, if she wanted, she just had to ask Him. She pondered that for awhile and then asked for another story. Sweet little heart.
After a quick bite at home, and constantly reassuring Caelen that we WERE going to Grandma and Grandpa's we just had to _______ first and then we'd go (wait for papa to get home, eat lunch, feed Addison, whatever.)
Joy is a 2 year old girl finding Easter eggs. Just see for yourself.







1 comment:
What a wonderful time! The story of Caelen asking about Easter...Now you know why Jesus was so fond of the little children,.. called them to him and said..."unless you become as little children, you will by no means enter the Kingdom of Heaven". I think the little ones see clearly many things that we grown-ups do not. Thanks for a great Easter/birthday.
Post a Comment