Tuesday, June 09, 2009

The June Bug

Ah June! The sun is shining, the air is warm and we've left flu season in the dust. Oh wait..... none of that is true. This past weekend saw me and Caelen on the couch with 101.5 fevers (and as I write this it's barely 70 degrees and cloudy.)
Friday night I knew it was coming. My body started aching first which really had me worried I was getting old fast. But then came the next symptoms. My eyes and throat felt warm (Thomas doesn't understand this description, he doesn't know how your eyes can feel warm ;) I took my temp and sure enough. Then the chills, the headache, worse body aches and I just felt like crap. Then when Caelen began waking with nightmares every couple of hours I knew she had it too.
So Saturday we watched 4 movies and about 25 cartoons while we lay together on the couch. Caelen was so sweet and cuddly, inbetween crying spells, but I couldn't blame her, I knew exactly how she felt!
Then Addison got a little fever, but I think we're adding up her other symptoms and chalking that up to teething.

By Monday we were recovered and this is what you do after you feel better. Make sandcastles with pretty tops :)

2 comments:

Kat said...

I totally know what you mean about warm eyes! For me, that's the undeniable sign that I'm getting sick.

And what a pretty sand garden you made!

Anonymous said...

What a house full of pretty girls!! How I love to see the photos!! I'm happy that y'all feel better now that Spring is really here!
love to all of you,
GGrandmaG