It seems like babies don't do much for the first 3 1/2 months of their lives and then they hit about 4 months and BAM! they've got something new going on everyday. So here are some of Addie's "Firsts" this past week or so.

After being dropped on her head a couple of times we decided a less vulnerable position for Addison is probably preferable, so out came the walker! She really enjoys it and is a lot more portable (without breaking Mommy's back in the Baby Bjorn around the house) since we can put her on the grass, the patio, and in any room and I'm not afraid of Caelen getting her or Woodrow trampling her.

That's watermelon. First, let me say, if you're not a mom (or are) try not to judge other moms. When Caelen was about 5 months old we went to visit family on they're 100 acre ranch near Arcata. Thomas' cousin was about to get married and we met her and her 2 girls (about 4 years and 3 months old, her husband had died while she was pregnant). We were picnicking and I was trying watermelon with 5 month old Caelen, then I saw this woman trying it with her 3 1/2 month old and thought, "How dangerous! I would never do that!! She's too little." OK, so here's Addie at 3 1/2 months old......
She loved it by the way. Nice and sweet ;)

For her next trick, Addison held her own bottle through most of her feeding a couple of days ago which was really convenient as I was trying to get out of the house for a girl's night out, Thomas was making dinner and Caelen needed a new diaper. I changed Caelen right next to wonder baby while she just sipped away.


And here's her first haircut. It's a couple months earlier than Caelen's first haircut but we have a wedding to go to this weekend (and with Caelen we were going to Hawaii). Auntie Heather gave her an awesome little pixie cut. I just wanted the bangs trimmed but Heather worked on the sides and the back as well. It's very flattering and of course she didn't care what was being done.
**********************
Which leads me to Caelen's haircut and other random photos from this week that have nothing to do with Addie's Firsts.

We had to coax her with a little bowl of jelly beans and she said she was a little scared but she was pretty willing and it wasn't much of a battle. She did really good once she was in the seat. Of course I had prepped her all day and she kept telling everyone, "Auntie's coming to cut our hair off."


My little angel has been getting better and better about sleeping through the night, almost 11 hours a few times. But in the mornings (whether it's 4:00am or 7:00am) I bring her into bed to feed her and cuddle her and she sometimes falls back asleep until 8 or so. I don't think it gets anymore precious than that really.

Here's her outfit on Wednesday for her doctor's appointment (and swimming at Ty's and haircuts with Auntie.) The hat got a lot of compliments around town.

And sisters playing together in the play room, which is just what they're doing right now as I write this. As Addison gets older it just gets more fun.
2 comments:
OH, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, dearest Brooke!!!------FOr answering my daily prayers to hear about my little dollies back there in the WEST!! Addison looks more like Tom every day. Please thank him (for me) for bringing her blue eyes back in the family. The girls are SO adorable, I can barely STAND it and will continue to visit them each day!! Sending LOVE,
GGrandmaG
That last picture looks a bit familiar.....de ja vu?? Anyway, what can anybody say? God has blessed you so very much.
Post a Comment