Friday, July 09, 2010

8 is nice, but 35? You Go Guys!

I woke up to one of the sweetest sounds in life this morning; little Addison was calling, "Mommy? Mommy?" from her crib. Not distressed, just letting me know she was awake. She was wet from an overloaded diaper which was probably the reason she finally got desperate enough to call for me. She's usually satisfied to play quietly in her crib until someone hears her happy squeals and comes to say Good Morning.
Our routine goes on to me and her cuddling on the couch with our respective morning beverages. About 15-30 minutes later Caelen will open her door and Addison will begin happily saying, "Morning! Morning! Morning!" over and over until Caelen says, "Good Morning" and gives her a hug. Mornings are a sweet thing right now, it's nice to be in a good stage with the morning time instead of waking up to chaos like I have most of my parenting life.

Happy 35th Anniversary to my mom and dad! Seriously, I remember their 25th like it was just a couple years ago. We were in Maui and I had already graduated high school. We bought them a beautiful monogramed throw blanket that still rests on the back of their couch. This year I think I'll send some goofy card I ended up grabbing because the kids started screaming in the middle of Target and I had to just go with whatever was in my hand. Ah life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, It's so good to be able to read your blog again, Brooke!! THank you for posting it just as I was getting desperate!!!
love you,
G Ma

Mom said...

Loved the card! Thank you for your wishes:)Sounds like it's such a joy to wake up to those happy sounds at your house!

yourdad said...

Enjoy every day...and thanks for the mention. Life happens and before you know it...........