Addie's had a language explosion and within a couple weeks it's totally changed how she relates to everyone. The "sentences" have begun, multiple words strung together to get her point across. She never fails to communicate (even to Caelen) what she wants. It's making life a lot easier. When I was gone at Women of Faith for literally 2 days, I came home and realized her enunciation was clearer.
She's a huge fan of Mickey Mouse and has named her Little People toy man "Diego". She calls her Dad "Thomas" sometimes. She held a short conversation with Thomas on the phone and he ended up laughing, probably because it was so cute. She's pretty easy going but definitely testing the limits now, and she can be quite the stinker when she thinks we're not looking, especially to her sister. Unfortunately Caelen ends up taking matters into her own hands and hurting Addie worse and then Caelen gets in trouble. I just wish she'd give me two seconds to take care of the problem. I'm a full time referee.
Caelen found out I was going to see Harry Potter with some girlfriends so she suggested I go see it with another one of my friends who I hadn't mentioned. I said, "Well baby, she's just not a big fan of Harry Potter," and Caelen replied, "Oh really? Who does she root for?"
Today Addie was looking out the car window at the rain pointing and shouting, "Water!" So we discussed that yes, rain was water. Then she looked intently out the window and said, "Fish!" I encouraged her that fish DO live in water but Caelen quickly pointed out that fish don't live in rain and she couldn't be seeing fish outside. A few minutes later, just to make her point, we drove past a truck with a fish on the back and Addie jumped at her oppurtunity and yelled, "FISH!!" She told us!
Today I walked into the living room to find Addison smearing a glue stick on her eye.
So today is Monday and on Wednesday at 2:25pm we have our big ultrasound!! First and foremost I really do just want to know that it's a healthy baby. The baby flutters around during the day but is either a) not nearly as active as my other two or b) not noticed as much because I'm so busy with my other two kids. Either way, peace of mind would be amazing. And then, of course, I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl. Adria's doctor told her she doesn't believe that the heart rate can tell you the sex since if they're active it'll be faster and if they're resting it'll be slower. So our baby's heart rate of 150 (which would be a girl) will just have to wait to be confirmed or not.
2 comments:
So excited for you! Prayers for a healthy baby :)
Today I walked into the living room to find Addison smearing a glue stick on her eye.
That made me spit on my computer! Seems like there's never a dull moment at your place. Can't wait to see how Baby #3 adds to the mix. :)
Post a Comment