Saturday, April 29, 2006

I think the baby looks like it's father.

There s/he is!! That's our baby in there, upside down, so the big part on the bottom is the head. That's why I'm sure it looks like Thomas so far, they both had big heads as babies LOL.
Anyway this is our first picture and we have been treasuring it as if it was... well.. a REAL picture. We went in on Thursday morning and got the ultrasound. I was just so excited when I heard Thomas say "Oh wow." and the Dr. say, "There it is." I was so sure they were gonna look and say, "ummm... well we don't really see anything, did you make up being pregnant??" And I would have to say, "Well yes I guess I did, I just wanted it so bad."
Or of course senario # 2 would have been: "Oh look, there it is.... and there's another.... oh and another and another." Let's just say I'm so thankful theres one little healthy baby in there :)
We saw it's heart beating on screen. It looked like a little black blip right in the front of the baby's chest (to the left side of this picture, so it looks like the baby was upside down and facing left.) The baby was also moving around the doctor said and I could tell because at one point it was totally upside down. They measured it and it was just less than an inch long so they figured I was 8 wks & 5 days along. I figured I was 8 wks that day, so I got a new date, it's now DEC. 2ND.
So we couldn't stop grinning and talking about how cool it was to see the baby like that. I had to make tons of copies of it for babybooks, journals, grandparents, the refridgerator, everywhere!
So I'm 9 wks today and hoping I only have a month left of throwing up. But after seeing the baby really truely in there, it makes it all worth it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS JUST TOO MUCH!!!! SO reminds me of my own studying every little thing just like you are doing. Except we had no ultrasound then. This is such a miracle from God and we are SO thrilled!! YAY, YAY, YAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, there it is. What a great ultrasound picture ! Big Head...yeah, that's like Thomas alright ! (LOL)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh, I can't wait to hold him!

Anonymous said...

Watched and cried this AM as some 25 little critters were dedicated to the Lord, picturing you and Thomas doing the same thing before too very long, just seeing you two up there amongst them. sigh.

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute!! I was thinking of you guys thursday morning! I'm so happy to see your great little peanut picture!