Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wonderful and Terrible Twos

A couple of weeks ago I was cleaning out Caelen's drawers to get rid of whatever she didn't fit into anymore. She took no time in hopping in an empty drawer and declaring it a boat. She then piled her stuffed animals in with her saying, "Come on bear, bear in the boat!" Then she told me Bye and that she was going to the store. I asked her if she was really going to the store in her boat and she said YES! So I provided her with an "oar" so she could get around and we sang Row Row Row Your Boat for awhile. (That's a backpack on her back as well.)


And have I mentioned she's just a little mommy? I hope the enthusiasm for babies carries over to her baby sister! In this pic she's feeding her baby lunch.



Yesterday I told her some friends were coming for dinner. All she cared about was whether Austin was coming or not. When the answer was an affirmative she ran to the hall closet to get the blanket that Austin's mommy always lays out for him when he's over. She lay it down in the living room and as soon as he got here she wanted to hold him! Like I said, I hope this carries over to her sister :)


So I'm going to be brave and post a belly shot for anyone whose curious and hasn't seen me in a long time :) This pic was taken Thursday so I'm a little more than 18 weeks along. Almost half way there.



Today at the outlet mall in Petaluma my child completely melted down. I was THAT mother, the one with the kicking & spitting 2 year old whose arching her back and falling on the ground just to keep from getting in her stroller. I must have pushed her too far and tried to cram too many things into our morning. I did it all in just 3 hours but I had to run to Oliver's to get some pasta for dinner tonight, then I did the drive through at the bank, then we went to Target to get her another potty seat for her Grandma's house and some big girl undies (did I mention yet that she's potty training?), then we went to the outlets. I had to exchange some pants for her and I needed new maternity clothes desperately. Then I let her play on the playground at the mall. That's when things started to go downhill. She wasn't being as agreeable as usual but I was starving and about to faint. I got her in the stroller and we went to a little cafe. I got her a muffin she picked out but when she saw my bagel dog and chips that poor muffin got completely abandoned.

Then it happened. She asked for a piece of hot dog, when I said, "Sure, take a bite" She flipped out! Apparently she had wanted it in her hand. Now she's doubled over, hanging out the front of her stroller screaming "NO Mommy! No!!!" (Yeah, no more bagel dog for you!) I calmly packed up and took her outside. She had wanted to look at the water fountain but was a wreck. I asked her to calm down and ask nicely. Well she managed to stop crying and say "Please Water." really pathetically, so I took her over and let her out to walk around.

Then it happened Take Two. I told her it was time to go now and she needed to get in the stroller so we could go through the parking lot. Well, I've never seen anything like it. She literally crumbled to the ground in a fit, screaming NO NO NO NO, crying hysterically, kicking me, spitting, twisting. Anything to stay out of the stroller. There was no way I could let her win like that!!! So I managed, looking quite foolish I'm sure, but who cares? to get her in the stroller. She screamed No at me for the next 30 minutes until she was in our house. I had her in her crib pretty much immediately and she fell asleep in about 5 minutes. Holy cow.... can you say Terrible Twos? LOL

Oh and I have no picture to go along with that story, thankfully!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are like the cutest pregnant gal I've seen. :) You wear it so well, and she's healthy and she'll have a very active and sweet older sister. You must be one happy mama :D