Monday, September 29, 2008

The Girls are Getting Big!

The baby kicked Thomas! We were so excited ;) She's not the mover that Caelen was (hopefully a good sign!) so to feel her kicking strong enough was just a great reminder that she's in there and getting big! She's about 6 inches from crown to rump (longer when she kicks) and she's had a few really good nights in a row where Thomas could feel her going to town.

Caelen is potty training herself LOL. I have NOT looked forward to potty training and wanted nothing to do with all the accidents and "Mom I have to pee" while we're going 65 miles an hour down the middle of the freeway, or asking over and over "Do you have to pee? Are you sure?" But she started going through diapers like Grant through Richmond. Now I don't know if anyone else's child has ever made it to size 6 diapers but they're the biggest size and for some absurd reason are WAY more expensive than a size 5. So we're in diapers made of gold and she's making me change them every time she gets a little wet!! So I left her diaper off one afternoon and told she had to go in the potty because she had no diaper and she did!!
We've had a couple accidents but she's getting better and better at telling us "Dee Dee Pee" and she's also super excited about her little Kandoo wipes (flushable wipes for potty trainers.) She also gets a candy corn (if she remembers) after going and the cutest thing is she always goes and finds Papa and tells him she went potty (every time!) and he makes a big deal out of it and she's just so proud.
So we bought some undies to get her all excited about it. She picked out some Tinkerbell and I got some cute Hanes as well. We're still doing diapers for outings and sleeping, but around the house ( and hopefully Grandma's house soon too) we're using the potty.
I'm excited for the result of course! It would be great to only have one baby in diapers. Less expensive, and convienient. So hopefully she'll get the hang of it pretty quick :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a difference in the girls personalities already! I'm sure they will be a great compliment to each other. And congrats to Caelen on such a big girl step! She should be very proud!