Thursday, September 11, 2008

This better be tasty!

Today I bought a tomato for $4.98. A, ONE, UNO tomato for almost $5. I didn't know they sold such magic tomatos, and had I known I most certainly would have tsk-ed at such an outrageous price, shook my head and walked away.
So how did that glorious tomato end up in my cart? Especially considering the 25 tomato plants sitting in my backyard right now? My loosed toddler ran up to the basket with a sign reading "Organic Heirloom Tomatos $2.99 per lb" grabbed the biggest one in that darn basket and took a bite before I could open my mouth to shout "Caelen Abigail!" There were at least two witnesses who then wanted to begin discussing the event, so all hope of pretending my child didn't really take a bite and putting it back and walking away was out of the question. That massive 2 lb tomato minus one bite mark went right into my cart.
Luckily I was on to her before she went to do the same to a hot chili pepper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least she likes her fruits and veggies! lol.

Brooke said...

So true! She's a fruit and veggie fanatic ;)