My nerves are fried. I think I need a massage, soak in a hot tub, and a glass of wine to recover from this past weekend/week. But since I am still pregnant, 2 out of 3 of those requirements will have to wait.
Caelen had a fever ranging from 101 - 105.2! from Friday to Sunday. The scariest part was when the Motrin would wear off (always about 1-2 hours too early) and her fever would begin to go up, she'd turn blue around the mouth and on her hands and feet and begin to shake. I was on the phone with the adivce nurses 3 times in 3 days. Once they told me if I couldn't get her fever down (she was refusing Motrin like a ninja) then I had to get her to ER right away.
Once the Motrin was on board she'd feel pretty good for 4 hours or so. But then I'd dread it wearing off again. By Sunday night I was so scared and tired. I prayed so hard for it to go away. That night when I knew her Motrin would have worn off I went into to check her and she was amazingly cool! In the morning her fever was only 99.9. The doctor tested for strep (she had puss on her tonsils), flu and urinary tract infection, all of which came back negative.
So after the fever broke, her nose started pouring which chapped her face and made her incredibly uncomfortable. Last night and the night before (and every nap as well) I had to listen to her wake up crying hysterically every 15 minutes for 10 minutes or so before she'd fall back asleep. Lest you think I'm a cold heartless Mom, if I went in to comfort her, she'd kick and punch at me like a caged wild animal and tell me hysterically between sobs to go away.
Yes, by this point I didn't know what was worse, the fever, or this raging lunatic sleeping in my daughter's bed.
Today she woke up peacfully and called for me kindly from her room. Her nose is not running nearly what it was yesterday. She has not been cranky, she's been playing nicely and been telling me she loves me. She fell asleep for her nap in about 2 minutes and hasn't woken up crying. I am FINALLY coming down off an adrenaline high and yes, I'm exhausted. Because all this time I have been 2 weeks away from my due date and just praying that Addison doesn't come early (quite a switch from a week ago), praying Thomas and I don't catch whatever she has (that would be a really fun labor, with a 103 fever) and praying that she just get better. My attention has been totally off being pregnant and now I realize our due date is only 12 days away!!!
Holy Cow...
3 comments:
Sorry to hear about Caelen. It's good to hear she's getting better and is getting back to her funny and cute self again. Many prayers for you in the coming weeks and for your delivery. You'll have that glass of wine and bath before you know it :)
Can I get your and Thomas' mailing address? If so, maybe just e-mail me at ericaz @ mac dot com (no spaces).
Take care.
Oh, I SO hear what you're going through and my heart aches for you, dear Brookie!! I've contacted my Prayer Warriors and am sure they are on it, the whole story. Love you SOOOO much,
GGrandmaG
Happy Valentine's Day!! Hope everyone is feeling better and you are looking forward to your new little angel very soon!
Post a Comment