My poor child has now had 3 fevers in one months time. This morning she was totally crabby and lethargic which made the prospect of taking her to her 2 year check-up at 11:00am quite scary. By the time we arrived at the doctors she had a fever of 101.6. She talked a little bit with the doctor about her rain boots and the orange tree in our backyard. She talked about the scratch by her eye that her friend gave her. But when it came to check-up time she cried through the whole thing.
I'm so impressed with pediatrician's abilities to get the job done despite a screaming flailing toddler. Her ears looked good, throat was a little red and had the fever. She said if it is the flu that she has, the fever will last 8 days to which I replied, "Oh MERCY!" But Caelen got her flu shot so I'm hoping it's not. She also said, "And if you have that baby, you'll have to keep her away." YEAH like that's gonna happen!
So now all my impatience for Addison's arrival has been curbed by the desire to have my children (who are not ill) meet in the hospital after Addison's arrival and not have to be quarantined from each other.
I'm also nervous about catching whatever Caelen has. It's called having a bun in the oven, but I don't really want to cook my child. And it would be pretty lousy to have the flu while I was in labor. But I too got my flu shot and blessedly have not caught anything that Caelen has had so far although I'm worried my luck might be running out soon.
Anyway Caelen is now 35.5lbs and 37 inches tall. I have no idea what percentile that is as our sweet doctor was just trying to get us the heck out of there, with last minute advice to have lots of popsicles and juice. Now THAT won't be a problem!
4 comments:
I caught a pretty nasty bug from Gianna right before we had Connor and we actually decided to delay my induction so I could breathe through my nose during labor. Funny thing is that when I was actually in labor I had ZERO symptoms! Isn't that amazing. My symptoms did come back the next day but they were much less severe than before.
Hopefully you don't get sick, but if you do, maybe this will happen for you too.
Thanks Jessica! I've been thinking that women must get sick for their labors all the time and what the heck must happen?? Good to know you didn't suffer (anymore than usual LOL)
We had something similar happen right before Indie was born. Penn came down with a cold, fever and mysterious rash the same week as the scheduled c! He was late on a few vax, too (bad mommy) so I was sure it was rubella or something. I was walking around with a can of Lysol for the first few weeks of her life!
Hey Brooke - I'm not sure if you're planning on it, but don't take Caelen to see "Coraline." It is not a kids movie at all. It's really dark and creepy - I was creeped out by it! A lot of kids in the theater were scared and upset by the movie. Just wanted to let you know.
Hope she feels better soon!
Post a Comment