So I have to say, my Ode to a Bauchie Blog is totally inspired by my friend Amy who blogged about her son's lost blankie. It entertained me so much, it inspired me to chronicle the favorite lovey of our house, the Yellow Bauchie.

I finally looked back in Caelen's baby book to see who the heck gave it to us. It was at my co-worker baby shower and it was from a lady who had worked in our office only a couple of times, but for whatever reason was kind enough to come to my shower. So thank you Dana LOL

Here it is on a plane to Hawaii, swaddling a six month old Caelen. So I thought about it.....
Bauchie States Visited - Hawaii, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Colorado

It comforted her when she had to have 7 stitches at 10 months old.

Longest period of time without the bauchie that I can recall was 3 days. We left it in the church nursery and didn't make it back to church until Wed. when Thomas had a meeting. And that was back before she was as attached as she is now.


It's been to the zoo, the fair, the hospital, camping, RVing, and to church almost every Sunday.


It's such a permanent fixture in Caelen's life that it's extremely hard to steal away to get clean. The best time is at night after she's fallen asleep (but I better get it back in her bed before I go to sleep because if she were to wake up with out it, the tears would start flowing!) or mid-day before naptime. But even then she'll ask where it is through out the day and does a pitiful little cry if it's unavailable i.e. in the laundry, or left at home etc. It really goes EVERYWHERE with us; grocery stores, Grandma and Grandpa's, out to restaurants, Sunday School, friend's houses, the park, you name it.

And you know she's a real sweetie because she shares it with Addison now. She'll lay it on her, but only for a minute or two :) Can't expect too much, I mean, it's
THE Yellow Bauchie for Heaven's sake.
2 comments:
Cute!
I love it! Especially Bathtime Bauchie and Licking-The-Bauchie! So funny, these kids and their babies...they just break my heart!
Post a Comment