Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More Theology from Caelen

So Sunday we're driving home from church and I think I must have told Caelen to be kind to her sister or something along those lines and our conversation goes like this:
Caelen: "Mom.... I can't be kind!"
Me: "Why not baby?"
Caelen: "Because Jesus is so dead and I can't be kind"

At this point I'm thinking someone told her that Jesus could help her to be kind and she's feeling contrary like she is most of the time these days. She knows Jesus isn't dead, she's talked about it alot so I'm not overly concerned about a misunderstanding at this point. I know she's just being difficult :)

Me: "Baby, Jesus is not dead."
Caelen: "Yes He is! He's so dead." (Said with all the exasperation and attitude of a 2 year old)
Me: "Jesus DIED, honey, but God raised Him on the 3rd day."
Caelen: "No Mom, He's so dead and I can't be kind."
Me: "Alright baby, we'll talk about this later"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I for one am looking forward to the latest sharing of theology from wise little Caelen. What will today's message be?? ;o)
GGrandmaG