Friday, August 14, 2009

Sister, Sister

Sister, Sister, Never were there such devoted sisters....





The girls' doctor says they look like sisters even though they look so different. I don't know. You can decide for yourself :)


Poor little Miss Addie took a pretty bad fall today. Caelen and I were spending the day with one of my friend's daughters. She is such a sweetheart, great with the kids and about 12 years old. Anyway, she was helping me bring the girls and all our junk we're always schlepping around, into her house. She was carrying Addison in for me and I was right behind her but walked in the kitchen to see Addison perched on a bar stool about 3 feet off the tile floor and before I could reach her she fell face first onto the tile. I barely grabbed her arm as she hit.
Everything seemed fine, she didn't cry too bad, her neck strength was perfect and she didn't get sleepy. Within an hour she was smiling, playing and raspberrying like nothing ever happened. And now she has a huge goose egg on her forehead above her eye and on her cheek, and Mommys still a little queasy in the stomach. But hopefully she's just fine.

She loves dogs by the way. And a new game of tearing things out of the cupboard.

Addison is scooting now.... sideways, but it's still locomotion! She can get up on her hands and knees, then she digs her left foot into the ground and totally moves her whole body to the right. Everyday she seems much better at it than the last. Now my mom and I are taking bets on how soon before she'll be crawling around.
************
Since I have a little shadow, a 37" shadow to be exact, Lord knows I never even so much as go to the bathroom by myself. So one day I'm doing my thing and in walks Caelen, leaning on my legs, chatting away and suddenly she looks at me, squints her eyes, cocks her head to the side and says, "Do you want a little prize-oh-wee, yes or no?" I could not for the life of me figure out what she was saying. This went on everytime I used the bathroom, so finally I just said, "Yes!" So she slowly backed out of the bathroom. Now whenever someone wants to be alone we say, "Oh you want some Prize-oh-wee huh? ;)

Caelen is so proud of her latest accomplishment that she announced to me, "Mom! I'm learning how to learn!" She is, in fact, writing a few letters :) They're in the first stages of course, an E looks like 2 1/2 E's stacked on top of each other. The H and A are sometimes hard to differentiate. But she's got H, A, E, O, & I in her repertoire. I'm so proud!
************
I'm sad it's taken me this long to write another blog. What with reading two books, doing two studies, raising two kids, working two jobs, trying to exercise, taking dance, being blessed to help in ministry at church, and trying to have a social life I have just enough time to sit down and check recent status updates on Facebook. Then it's up and about with laundry, dishes, meals, being a mom, a wife, and whatever other errands and chores are calling my name.
It's a good life, but I have known I'd been too busy to blog, so I would occasionally write a couple word sentence reminding me of what to blog about next time I found five minutes. This blog itself has been written over the course of 2 hours, with dinner, baths, baby food, dressing for dance class, and such going on at the same time. So hopefully it won't be quite as long until the next one since there always seems to be something going on that I could blog about and have written down for posterity.

5 comments:

Mom said...

This has been a fun blog to read. I love the "prize-oh-wee" story. And, of course, LOVE the pictures!

Anonymous said...

AT LAST!!!!! I can understand how you've had no "Prize-oh-wee" lately and am SO glad you are back on the blog since it means so much to be able to read it!!!
Very newsy and adorable!!! They DO look like sisters, even though so different!! Of I could only squeeze even ONE of them!! sigh.
GGrandmaG

amy said...

i love that 2nd picture SO much. they are darling! and prize-oh-wee reminds me of our car ride this morning...penn kept talking about the "fruhfrection" and something about indie's window. finally i realized he was trying to say "reflection." so funny when they know exactly what they're saying and we're like, "huh?"

Mom said...

And, by the way, you really should stop taking Caelen to the tanning salon....LOL

Kat said...

At first I though Caelen was offering you a prize for using the big girl potty. ;-)