Sunday, August 23, 2009

This is the way the ladies ride

Let's just start with this video because it's truely the sweetest thing. Addison's favorite song and Caelen's favorite Daddy game:



On Saturday I took the girls to the beach after reading the weather report that the high would be 81, I thought, "Sweet!" packed us up and headed out. Yeah..... maybe there's a Bodega Florida where it was 81, because in THIS Bodega it was 55 and windy! We froze our butts off but Caelen had a blast until the Sea Gulls got her ziploc bag of veggie straws and we decided to call it good.

Tell me that isn't the most devilish grin. What a peanut!!


She ran all over, probably why she insisted she wasn't cold, and collected sand from all around to accomplish her collection of about 25 sand castles surrounding our blanket.

Addison enjoyed her slippers for awhile.




I'm so thankful it's only about a 40 minutes drive for the girls to enjoy the coast, but I can't help but wish it was actually warm like a beach should be. Oh well!
******************
Caelen and I still snuggle most nights on her rocking chair before bed and if she finds herself under the covers without it she almost always jumps up and hollers, "I forgot snuggles!" I asked her tonight if she would always snuggle with me; if when she was really old and tall would she still snuggle with me. She assured me Yes, so I'm holding you to that sweetie. When you're old and reading this blog and you see this entry, I'm expecting some snuggles girlfriend :)
*******************
Little Miss Addie is learning how to feed herself puffs (still haven't had a successful transfer of food from fist to mouth) and drink from a juice cup (one night she got a full cup into her mouth and sucked away on that thing so happily but that's been the extent of it.) She can move all around on her stomach, every which way but forward. She's really good at push ups and a backwards scoot. And she's old enough now to protest when a toy is taken away so Caelen is already getting reprimanded for taking her sister's toys away which she does almost constantly. But the nicest thing is sometimes I can put them in a room together on the floor with some toys and they'll be content in each other's company for a good half an hour.
******************
So the follow up to Caelen's theology entry is encouraging. Driving in the car yesterday and listening to the radio, Chris Tomlin's "I Will Rise" was on and she caught the lyric, "He is risen from the dead..." She shouts out, "He is risen from the dead!!" I said, "Yes baby!" She says in the most relieved voice, "I'm so happy because He is back."

4 comments:

Svedi Pie said...

Those two pictures of Addie smiling are so sweet and adorable. What a beautiful baby! And Caelen is just as cute as ever :)

Anonymous said...

I Just LOVE all of it----the beach, the horsey-ride, and especially the New Theology report!!!They are just the most adorablre little girls and you are SO blessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love,love
GGrandmaG

Courtney said...

that's the funniest, cutest, caelen thing I've ever heard:)

Adria said...

That picture of Cae running in the sand makes it look like she is 6 years old. Such a big girl. :) Love the theology. :)