We're about to get pretty philosophical and very theological tonight folks.
What prompted my musings was a very common, absolutely daily occurrence in my house. Addison found one of her 4 hour old bottles on the living room floor, just barely peeking out from under the coffee table. Just as she brought it to her lips, I snatched it away gently and said, "Yucky baby, Mama will get you a new one." Man, did she start to wail! just as she always does. My reassurances were barely heard over her sobs as she crawled, head down into the kitchen after me. She parked herself at my feet and continued the crying as she watched me clean the bottle, fill it with nice warm water and being to scoop formula into it.
And all of a sudden I saw myself, only I was Addison. Wailing and moaning because the thing I just knew I wanted had been taken from me. Things weren't going the way I expected, as far as I could tell, Whoever had taken it from me was mean and spiteful. The only problem was, I didn't know the whole story.
Just as Addison didn't know the whole story. She didn't know that the 4 hour old formula would not only taste bad, it might make her tummy sick and it was almost empty. Her mommy had to take the very thing she thought she wanted away so that she could give her something better; A full, warm and new bottle. Something more wonderful than what she had been clinging tightly to.
Oh isn't that us!? We think we know, from our limited information and young perspective what MUST be best! We know exactly what we think we want and what must be right and true. But there is so much that we don't know. So much that only our Heavenly Parent knows, and yet when He takes something from us, or makes us wait for something, we holler and scream and say, "WHY!? I don't understand!!!" And if we would just quiet down a bit, we'd probably hear Him saying, "Be patient my child, I'm working on something even better than what you had your sweet little heart set on. Trust me because I love you."
3 comments:
Good insight. The condition you observe is called "human",...and it is terminal.
What a great example. So true.
I LOVE IT , Brooke!! Just perfect and what I needed to hear today. Thank you for this one!!
GGrandmaG
Post a Comment