Caelen thoughtfully asked me the other day, "Mom? If you want to have two babies, do you have to get married two times?" "No," I said, "You just get married once and then you can have as many babies as you want." "I want FIVE!" She exclaimed. Definitely Thomas's daughter.
When I was telling Courtney about this, Courtney then asked Caelen, "What if your husband doesn't want five babies? What will you do then?"
And Caelen replied, "Find another man and have babies!!!"
Addison knows where Fluffy hides, under the desk in the playroom. She gets down on her tummy and looks under the desk and says, "Hi Daaa! Hi Daaa!" So when Caelen and I were fishing a shoe out from under Caelen's bed, it made perfect sense why we must have been on our tummies. So Addie got down along side us and hollared, "Hi Daaa! Hi Daaa!"
She's also completely mixed up the words, "Up" and "down." She used to say Up for everything, even when she wanted to get down from a chair or a wagon or something like that. We would correct her with Down. Now she uses down for everything, even when shes standing on the ground reaching up it's, 'Dow!"
Caelen has been amazing this week - literally one time out all week so far (it's Wednesday.) Her attitude towards everyone has been so loving and she has been quick to listen, pointing out every time that she's being a good listener. I don't know if part of the incentive has been watching her baby sister start to act out, have an attitude and see consequences, but whatever it is, it's been very enjoyable! But Addison is beginning to have a toddler 'tude. She knows when she's not getting her way and if she doesn't get it quickly, she's pitching a fit! She's also fighting back with Caelen and the look of shock on Caelen's face the first few times Addison stood up for herself has been pretty funny. Caelen is a lot more thoughtful about whether or not she should strike her sister now.
Caelen said to me yesterday, "Mom, I appreciate your help, but I can do it." Seriously, she amazes me.
2 comments:
I thank God for the way my two kids' behavior works like that...so rarely are they BOTH in bad moods. When one is difficult, the other is a gem. When one decides to be a joy again, the other decides to be a complete pain in the butt! It keeps me sane (barely) and keeps them alive...lol...
This made me laugh out loud - so funny! Haha "find another husband" haha
Post a Comment