Yesterday I heard Caelen in some other room saying, "I'll baptize you if you baptize me" and rambling on and on about baptizing. Then somehow I realized she was in the bathroom and images of her dunking imaginary people into the toilet came to me.
Both the girls are sick again. In the past 5 weeks we've been to church, Bible study & Awanas one time. I'm over it. Whatever! LOL. If we make it, we make it, if we don't then I have a Bible and good friends.
We're gearing up to go to Nevada to visit missionary Larisa Craig. When her story touched my heart I didn't know if I could do anything to help except maybe collect up some women's clothing for the young women she minsters to. Women's clothing became women's clothing, kids & baby clothing, blankets, toys, books and over 50 pairs of new flip flops! Jennifer's American Heritage Girls troop adopted Larisa as their missionary and did a book drive and she's also collected up more of the same. From the sound of it she has at least five times the amount of stuff I have. I CANNOT wait to take it all to Larisa! It's gonna be way better than Christmastime! We'll feel like Santa in a big 12 seater sleigh pulling up :)
My concern is the girls going with me. Larisa really encouraged me to bring them and Jenn is bringing her girls. Plus Auntie Heather is coming, so short of Daddy being with us, it's about as perfect a situation as it gets... but the girls are unpredictable. Addison has the attitude of an experienced 2 year old at only barely a year and Caelen insisted she couldn't close her eyes at Tyler's house and therefore couldn't sleep unless she was at home. So fair warning to everyone involved in this trip, my kids have minds of their own.
I made the mistake of telling Caelen we were collecting stuff for some poor kids who didn't have much and that's why I was asking her if there were any toys or clothes of hers that she could give up. They kind of became known as the "poor kids". So while perusing all the bounty we have to take with us, Caelen once again mentioned the "poor kids" and I said, "Yes, but maybe we shouldn't call them that anymore. Let's call them....." Caelen threw her arms in the air and said, "... the kids we love!!!"
1 comment:
"the kids we love!".......SO sweet.
Post a Comment