Monday, May 05, 2008

My name is Dee Dee and you're Mama.

Caelen calls herself "Dee Dee". LOL Caelen is just too hard to say I guess.

Chicks are getting big! They have a lot of feathers (not their baby down anymore) and can "fly". We let them out in the backyard occasionally and they have a great time on the lawn, but they all manage to stay in a group. No one wanders off to far. Two chicks were trying to see who was the tallest, or they were getting ready to fight, but Caelen broke them up. And some other chicks would lay down on the warm dirt, roll onto their sides and spread their wings out to soak up all the heat. It was amusing.

We're going to celebrate our 6th anniversary in Tahoe. I'm so excited. It was kind of a last minute plan but since our Hawaii trip went out the window with the ATA bankruptcy we thought that it would be nice to just take a couple days and get away. We'll bring Caelen because I feel like life is just boring without her LOL! The whole time we'd be there I'd just be thinking, "Oh Caelen would really enjoy this!" Or "I wish Caelen was here to see this." I haven't spent a night away from her since she was born and I just don't think I'm ready yet. I don't know if I ever will be. I think it's great and very necessary to get away from your children occasionally as a husband and wife, but after a few hours at a restaurant and movie, I'm ready to see my baby girl again. I know that she would do great on a sleep over at Grandma and Grandpa's, it's not her that I'm worried about ;)

Lot's of cows today, and plenty of snot, typical day in the life......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said. My feelings have always been the same about having you and your sister around.