Alright people. By the time I actually DO go into labor I'll probably already be half way there! Since Sunday afternoon I have been having periods of contractions. And I'm talking, good 45 second long, belly hard as a rock, painful, breath through them contractions that come about 15-20 minutes apart for maybe an hour or two and then........ they're gone.
If I do go into labor before they C-section her, I'm not gonna believe it until this baby is about to pop out. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration. But I'm getting a little frustrated by all the faking out that's going on. Not to mention it's horribly uncomfortable. Can we just do this thing and be over with it. Everyone around me is so anxious, and I appreciate that! It means Addison is loved and everyone is excited to meet her. But seriously people, whatever impatience other people are feeling, multiply it by 5000000000 to come somewhere close to how I'm feeling.
Sweet Caelen and I were talking about how Addison gets to decide when she wants to come out and then she does, and that there's no way to know when it'll happen. So Caelen turned that over in her mind for a minute and then yelled, "Addison, we want you to come out now!!!"
Thomas keeps asking me if there's anything I can do [to make this baby come faster]. I tell him yeah, but I like to be difficult and I LOVE being pregnant so I'm just holding her in for the fun of it.
Yes yes, I'm end of pregnancy-grumpy and super impatient. And it's not even my due date yet! Monday will come soon though and I have no doubt I'll still be as huge as a beach ball and more uncomfortable than I have really physically ever been. On a constant-basis. By the end of the day I need a wheelchair.
God bless you all for putting up with me. As encouragment I'll give you the wonderful words of wisdom everyone else gives me everyday, "It'll be over soon!"
whatever......
6 comments:
You have every right to be grumpy! Heaven knows this is not the most pleasant part of pregnancy. Go on some long walks and get those contractions going!
I know the feeling! There's all sorts of things you can try to get her out sooner and I did most of them (including once choking down a bowl of macaroni 'n cheese SMOTHERED in A-1 sauce! it doesn't work) but I wouldn't recommend any of them. :) It does sound like she's thinking of making an appearance though, so we'll just have to cross our fingers! If you make it 'til Saturday, I say we do Mexican - something SUPER spicy and baby-inducing!
Praise God you and Addison are home by now, hopefully, and you are on your way to recovery. Now, all Caelen needs to do is be the kind of big sister you were to your sib, and the world should be pretty rosey. GGrandma is overjoyed except for being 2400 miles away! LOVE to you, little family!!
Praise God you and your girls should be home by now, resting, hopefully. SO thankful for prayers that you did not have to make that big decision you were NOT looking forward to. Sending love to you all our there, 2400 miles away. G Grandma Gerry
Looking back, you will agree more and more with your very last comment. It was all over soon, don't you think ? Don't Blink.
Sounds like you had her already! How exciting and congrats! Can't wait to hear all about her :)
Post a Comment