Friday, February 06, 2009

Personally I prefer being clean to having fresh green beans but maybe that's just me.

There are things in life that we just manage to avoid. Like for me it's been: cavities, traffic tickets, and jury duty. Until yesterday! I finally got my first ever summons for jury duty (Thomas literally gets called every year and we always laugh that I never get called). And when was it for? March 2, the day they want to C-section Addison if she's not on time. LOL Go figure. So, of course, I postponed it.

Last night we were playing "This Little Piggy" with all our toes and Thomas decided to test Caelen to see if she knew it. He grabbed my big toe and said, "Hey Caelen, where does this little piggy go?" She throws her hands in the air and says, "This little piggy go to TARGET!!"

Thomas has been a water nazi because he's afraid there won't be enough for his garden this year if they put us on water rations. He obsessively, multiple times a day, checks the weather and rain totals. He has cut Caelen's baths down to like 2 inches of water in the bottom of the tub and only every other day (I'm fighting this one, we'll see how it goes.) So last night she says she wants to take a bath and he tells her she can't. When she asks why (oh yeah, and that's a whole OTHER story about her "Why" phase already starting) he tells her because there's not enough water so why doesn't she ask Jesus to send some rain.
She comes running into the bathroom to me and says we have to ask Jesus to send some more water. She runs over to turn on the bath afraid that it might be broken. Then she says, "I have more water in my mouth Mommy!" and she begins spitting into the bathtub!!
So this morning, the heavens graciously unleashed quite a bit of rain and she said, "God sent more rain from the store!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little Caelen is the sweetest thing ever! Way to be great parents and teach her to pray.

Anonymous said...

I would imagine that your little angel has more "sway" with the Good Lord than I do. But, given the choices, well...... come on over here. You are welcome to our last drop !!

Anonymous said...

That is TOO adorable! I love the way our children don't doubt for a moment that Jesus is real and that he loves them and can answer their (preciously delievered) prayers.