I went in on Thursday for my last non-stress test. All her vitals and activity looked great, they said, "We'll check you fluid levels and get you outta here!" But as soon as that ultrasound was up on the screen even I knew I probably wasn't going home without this baby in my arms. There was so little fluid and having had these 3 times before I knew what to look for. The ulstrasound showed all Addie, no fluid. My levels were boarderline acceptable. So either fluid had been slowly leaking or the placenta was shutting down.
Either way there was too much risk to Addison (with the fluid level & my blood test back at 16 weeks, there was too much coorelation between those things and major problems.) They checked me and I was only 1cm dialated (after ALL that wonderful false labor all week.) Had I been about 3cm the docotr said he would have broken my water and let me labor, but I just had too far to go and wasn't a candidate for vaginal delievry anymore. It was the answer to all our prayers and I said, Great, let's get this baby out. He said, OK, since you ate at 10 we'll have the baby at 4:00.
So I never left this room! The dressed me in my gown, got my IV going. Got all the paperwork started. I called Thomas and he got my car from the hospital parking lot, took the car seat and Caelen's bag to my parents who were already watching her curing my appointment. He ran home, took a shower, grabbed my hospital bag and was by my side by about 2:00. He was so cute, he called so many times asking what I needed him to do again? He was so excited he couldn't hardly concentrate.
We got started a bit late as another laboring woman wanted an epidural and once the anethesiologist was with me, those other ladies were outta luck for an hour or so. So finally at about 5:00 they came in and I walked leisurly into the OR. They gave me my spinal which started working immediately and I had to get into position quick! The surgeon had KZST on and I was actually singing along which made everyone laugh, but it was such a mellow experience and I was SO happy, why not sing? And besides the doctor totally joined in with me.
At 5:14pm I heard the cries! She was wailing really well and her APGAR score was 9! 10 is the best and they're rarely given out. She was perfectly beautiful. All the nurses said she was one of the most beautiful they'd seen.
When told her name the OR was ooohing and aaahhing. Everyone keeps saying it's such a sophisticated name.
She's so mellow. I never thought Thomas and I could produce such a mellow baby. She only cries when she's hungry or she's getting her diaper changed. Other than that, she sleeps. If I hadn't had major abdominal surgery to get her out, I'd go back to work tomorrow and do all my normal routine right away because she's just so easy. Looking back I see now that Caelen was a much more high maintainence baby and it wasn't just first time parent jitters that made those first few weeks hard. It's definitely a personality thing.
I just love my girls and it's amazing how different they are already! We've been blessed, that's for sure!
5 comments:
She is BEAUTIFUL! I'm so glad she made it safely, and you do not look like you just had a baby. She has so much hair! That picture of Caelen with her head cocked to the side looking at the baby is precious. I hope she continues to be an easy baby for you and that you recover quickly. (I don't know about c-sections, but my second and third recoveries were WAY easier than the first!)
Congrats! So exciting! She is so beautiful. I loved her curlyish hair. Addison fits her so well :)
Congrats again! What a precious little angel! I'm glad that things are going smoothly for you and that Caelen is being such a big help.
Beautifully done you guys! My repeat c-section recoveries were easier than the first. I also had the shaking and such directly after the operationa nd that is NO Fun! I am so sorry. Enjoy her!
Congratulations you guys! Seeing and hearing about her birth is making me antzy to meet my little guy (not that I wasn't already). I guess I just feel like, hey I'm next right? She is beautiful and I too love her hair!
Post a Comment