Monday, July 27, 2009

2 New Blankies


I got this idea from my friend Courtney. She bought her first child a tabby blanket at a local farmer's market and Riley loved it so much that Courtney's mom decided to start making them for other kids including Riley's new baby brother and the youngest Bishop boy. That put the idea in my head that I could do it too.
It wasn't until this weekend though, when Addison was very interested in Daniel's tabby blankie that I decided I would go ahead with it. So here it is an hour or so later (with a few interuptions). The best part (besides seeing the finished product!) is always picking out the fabrics and ribbon and things.
It's a light blanket so she can cuddle it in very warm weather and the back is satin which Caelen adores, so Addison may as well. The dots on the ribbon are lifted so she can rub them. I hope it gets well used.

I bought a ton of the yellow satin you see on the back there because Caelen's yellow bauchie has been gone now for about 3 weeks. I was setting out to make another in addition to Addison's new blankie. All I could find was the satin (nothing that would work as far as the cozy front material and no blanket edging in yellow) so Caelen grabbed the huge ratty piece of fabric and calls it her new yellow bauchie and says she loves it so much. She hauled it through the fabric store and Target and has been dragging it around all day. I think tonight when she's in bed I'll even it out and sew it so it's just one big satin bauchie since that's the only part she cared about anyway.

4 comments:

amy said...

oooh! i went through this phase. (it didn't last long. i suck on the sewing machine!) anyway, i have some cute fabric i would love to bequeath to you girls the next time i see you. (i almost sold it at our garage sale this weekend but forgot to put it out!)

there's football/boy stuff that courtney can have and some girlie stuff you might be able to use for your gals.

Anonymous said...

That new blanket is simply BEAUTIFUL!!!! Any little girl (or boy, for that matter) would LOVE to have it----quie an accompishment!I am sure Caelen will love it this coming week, for sure.
GGrandmaG

Courtney said...

So I had a dream that Caelen's bauchie was at our house the whole time and Riley had been hiding it from her. I guess Riley had been hurt enough from Caelen not letting her sing her ABC's that Riley finally decided to get her back. . . in the worst way:)

Brooke said...

Amy - I would LOVE the fabric! Awesome.
Court - I'm seriously LOL-ing ;)
Thanks Grandma!!