Monday, July 13, 2009

Surgery Status - No Go

Alright! Caelen's surgery has been postponed again! She is sick AGAIN. She has surgery radar and when she's sees it coming she goes out and gets a cold. All the rest of the time she's healthy and well.
OK, but truely I'm relieved, here's why:
So I've been obviously praying about her surgery. We want to do the right thing for her quality of life but it's surgery nonetheless and even more guilt inducing since it's elective, meaning Mommy and Daddy made me do it and it wasn't necessary to save my life or something. It's weighty. So she gets sick and I'm thinking, "Fabulous! Just in time for an elective surgery that they really need her to be 100% well for. And I'm not pushing it if she's not healthy."
THEN Sunday night we ::: Dun Dun Dun:::
LOST THE BAUCHIE!!
No joke. It's no where to be found. The last we saw it was Sunday morning before church in our bedroom and I have no memory of her bringing it to church. There is a chance that it's there, I don't know where else because this house has been torn up and turned upside down (I did find a ball from the old ball pit. Yeah, the one that's been gone for a year or so.) So now I'm sad because her bauchie is gone (we're currently telling her it's hiding and we need to find it, she seems to manage pretty well) and she's sick. So she can't bring the bauchie to the surgery, which is a definite problem.
Then laying in bed last night it dawns on me: we're switching our health insurance around and it's currently in the middle of upheaval with no light at the end of the tunnel and I thought, "Holy crap! How much are they gonna charge me at her pre-op tomorrow??"
I told Thomas, I'm cancelling everything. I don't have a good feeling about this anyway and now everything was adding up to one big mess. He put the nix on my panic and said, just see what the doctor says.
So I prayed and prayed and prayed all morning long, then headed to the doctor's.
It was $100 and I said, just bill me. The doctor took one look at her and said we'd have to postpone again, oh and let's give you your money back, there's no reason you should have to pay for this visit. And we'll make it so she doesn't have to come back in for another pre-op. We'll just call you and make sure she's well next time. So no surgery while she's compromised, more time to find the missing lovey, and more time to get our new insurance up and running.
HALLELUJAH!

Now if we could just find that darn bauchie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isaiah 65:24----"Before they call, I will answer; while they are still speaking, I will hear,", says the Lord.

GGrandmaG