
She ate them too! About half the bowl was gone before she started blowing the food all over her bib, my legs and the table.

Then for our next food adventure we decided to try Courtney's BBQ pizza. Thomas had done it once with a friend by heating up the pizza stone on the BBQ, then putting the pizza on top (as opposed to putting the crust on the BBQ and adding the toppings while it's cooking). OKAY, BIG disaster. We couldn't transfer the pizza, the stone got too hot, we brought it in and it filled the house with smoke, finally we blobbed the "pizza" on it, put it on the BBQ and burnt the bottom to a crisp. Besides that, it was yummy and it sure looked pretty. You live, you learn right?

So right when Addison decided to show her big sister up and starting sitting one week younger than Caelen had been,

Caelen decides to bring some of the attention back to herself and begins potty training again. I feel like I really don't want to say anything, she's started and stopped this whole process so many times since she was 20 months old that I've lost track. But she's been wearing undies for four days straight now (diapers to bed) and that girl can hold it!! She won't go for hours and I think she must have had an accident somewhere I wasn't aware of, but no, she's just finally getting the hang of it.
I always liked to think I would never use bribery to get her to use the toilet, I mean, she's not going to be 16 and wearing a diaper, so I figured I'd let her come around to it eventually. But when she woke up Saturday morning and said she wanted her diaper off and needed to use the big girl potty I blurted out, "Great! And if you try the big girl potty all day instead of a diaper you can have a cookie after dinner". Well she was all about that, even if it is just an Oreo, that's more cookie than she usually gets. So far we've given out 3 Oreos and she's having fewer accidents everyday. Of course you never know, I could come back on here tomorrow and tell you we're totally back to diapers..... Dear Lord please NO!
The girls can play together now that Addison sits up and it's pretty cute.
And Caelen has loved getting to feed Addie her food. Addison seems to enjoy it too.


She already thinks her big sister is the coolest thing ever and if Addison is ever grumpy all she has to do is catch sight of the other peanut in the household and she's glowing. Caelen even says sometimes, "Oh, she just needs big sister. Here I am, here's big sister," as she squeezes the life out of Addison's head and starts her crying again. But the thought is kind and she's such a tender hearted big sister.
So Caelen's surgery has been rescheduled and I really can't think of a more appropriate day. July 30th- Auntie Heather's birthday. Auntie Heather who has suffered from enlarged adenoids her whole life and is so happy that we're getting Caelen's taking out so she won't have to deal with it. That's two weeks from the 2nd surgery date so we won't have any more doctor's appointments until D-Day. Continue praying, if you would, for health, complete, easy recovery, and actually, that the surgery would even happen.
Here's a couple more random pictures that don't really belong anywhere.
Already stealing sister's stuff.
Papa seriously has the magic rocking touch.
1 comment:
Oh, this one reminds me of two beautiful little girls that I once knew SO well. Totally deja vu, for sure!!!
Ps. 37:4
Post a Comment