When Christ walked this earth 2000 years ago and healed many people, I can't help but wonder what it physically felt like. Did they feel warmth where there used to be pain? Did heat flood their eyes when they could see again?
On July 15 the stomach pains that I've been suffering with for about 10 years began to come to a head. I had been in much more pain than usual over the past few days and knowing that it was probably an ulcer or something similar I have always known the signs to watch for when things get worse. Internal bleeding would be one of the those things. After becoming pretty sure that I was now dealing with some internal bleeding (through graphic details I will spare you from) I called the advice nurse at Kaiser. I answered her questions honestly (which I usually tone down all my symptoms because I don't want the doctors and nurses freaking me out.) I had pain which caused me not to stand up straight, we were dealing with some internal bleeding, I was dizzy and she wanted me in the ER as fast as I could get there.
Thank the Lord for my awesome friend Adria who came over with her two boys to watch my girls within about 10 minutes! But during that time I prayed for the Lord to heal me either Himself or through the doctors. My faintness got worse and I was scared of passing out while alone with my girls so I called 911. Thomas arrived at the same time the ambulance did and I told them I'd rather not pay for the ride but thanks anyway! So Thomas drove me to the ER.
I just kept clinging to something I had read in my Bible study the day before. God can't make a decision for my life outside of His lavish love for me.
By the time I reached the hospital many people were praying for me already. I checked in and sat down with a nurse who asked me what my pain level was. I stopped and thought about it and said, "Zero".
The pain was literally and completely gone
and in it's place was a warm feeling in the pit of my stomach. It felt good. I kept saying to Thomas, "It doesn't hurt, it just feels warm!"
They admitted me and ER doctor examined me and said there was no blood, my blood tests came back perfect, my urinary tests were great (and I'm not pregnant!! YAY). They prescribed Prilosec twice daily and are testing me for a bacteria that causes ulcers. If that's in there then I have to take a horrible antibiotic but it would get rid of it.
The pain hasn't come back even though the medication I was given isn't supposed to start working for 4 days and there are no more signs of bleeding. On top of it all, I know that all my other systems (iron levels, no UTIs etc) are in working order.
Prayer Journal Entry 4 Days Before:
* Praying for my abdominal discomfort, urinary problems and lower back pain. I pray You'll heal me and bring answers. Give me the courage to seek answers.
"O Lord You are my God.
I will exalt You,
I will praise Your name,
For You have done wonderful things.."
Is 25:1
7 comments:
What an awesome testimony to God's mercy! I'm praising Him with you for how He still works miracles today.
That's so awesome Brooke! God is so faithful and you are an example of that. Love you!
This is such a moving testimony to God's Power! I have loved sharing this with so many people, but every time I do, I get all choked up!
So awesome! This reminds me so much of a story we used to tell often (but have sort of forgotten about, over the years) -- I was 6 months pregnant with Penn and on a day trip with friends over 3 hours away from my obgyn in LA. To make a long story short, I started having excruciating pain, thought I was in labor, and during the frantic drive back, I was so uncomfortable and upset, I couldn't think of anything but how much it hurt. Suddenly it just started to melt away! Literally at the same moment I was realizing that the pain had gone, I turned to tell Dan, and he was leaning over to me saying, "I just prayed for you." I have never experienced anything like that moment. It was truly miraculous. The funny thing was, we stopped at a rest stop about 5 minutes later; I went pee and passed a KIDNEY STONE!
P.S. And how crazy...the verification word your blog wants me to type below before I can leave a comment is "blest." Close enough!!!
Wow what an adventure! And an amazing story. Good to hear you are feeling better. hugs.
Brooke,
I am so glad that you are so well looked after, both on Earth and in Heaven. I hope things are healed for good!
Every blessing you pour out,
I'll turn back to praise;
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
- Matt Redman
Post a Comment